Eugene School District 4J is providing free grab-and-go meals while school buildings are closed, available for all students and youth 18 and younger. Families can choose the location that is most convenient for them, regardless of where they live or attend school. Meals are offered Monday through Friday.
Nearby meal distribution locations and times for McCornack families:
- McCornack Elementary School, (11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.) 1968 Brittany St.
- Kennedy Middle School, (11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.) 2200 Bailey Hill Rd.
- Acorn Park, (12:15 p.m.–1 p.m.), corner of Buck Street and West 15th Ave.
- Churchill Meadows, (11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.), 1415 S Bertelsen Rd.
More information about other meal distribution sites and food resources can be found on the 4J Lane School District website: https://www.4j.lane.edu/communications/coronavirus/foodservice/
More information about these free meals:
- Meals are for ANY child age 18 and under
- Meals are provided at no charge
- No income requirements apply, and students do not have to qualify for free or reduced-price school meals
- Children do not need to be present to receive a meal
- Children do not need to be students in 4J
- Children do not need to attend school at the site where picking up meals
- Meals are a grab-n-go style, with both breakfast and lunch available at the same time
- Food supplies are sufficient to provide meals based on typical participation
- Social distancing rules must be observed at all times—staff, students and families picking up meals must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from any person who is not a member of their immediate household