Attention parents of McCornack 4th and 5th graders! This year your child has the opportunity to make friends, make memories, and make music through ESYO’s after school String Academy classes! Classes at McCornack are scheduled on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 2:20-3:05pm.
In String Academy class, your child will…
- Become proficient in one of four string instruments: violin, viola, cello or bass.
- Learn to read notes and play full songs.
- Get familiar with proper technique and posture.
- Perform in two concerts in front of a live audience!
- Make new friends and meet students from many different schools.
Why does this matter?
- Children with music instruction score higher in spatial and arithmetic skills.
- Students who participate in orchestra have the lowest levels of use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs amongst any group in our society.
- Nine out of ten adults and youth who play instruments agree that music making brings the family closer together.
What if my student doesn’t own an instrument?
No instrument? No problem! ESYO rents quality instruments from our own inventory for a very modest rental fee.
Visit the EYSO website at http://esyorchestras.org/ for more information.
For the 2016-17 String Academy brochure, click here.